Snocross racing’s most dominant sled returns with sights set on a fifth consecutive Pro class championship. New refinements were keenly developed to ensure Ski-Doo X-Team racers are favorites for the top podium step in every class for 2023.
Three championship seasons from Elias Ishoel, Jordan Lebel and Malene Cottew, hasn’t affected the team developing the MXZx 600RS as they continue to chase their own records and push for even more performance. The REV Gen4 platform continues to prove its flexibility and prowess for riders of all abilities, and that focus – making it fast, adaptable and reliable for all – remains the same formula.
The most obvious update is the new yellow coloration that remains pure to Ski-Doo DNA. Other chassis and powertrain refinements ensure the winning tradition continues. The changes for 2023 focus primarily on improved traction, faster cornering speeds and a smoother ride delivering better holeshots, quicker lap times and less rider fatigue. No stone is left unturned as engine and clutching improvements are constantly updated every year too.
The MXZx 600RS E-TEC uses the REV Gen4 platform with its open cockpit design and centrally balanced engine for superior rider ergonomics and handling in rough conditions. The REV Gen4 layout delivers agility and responsiveness while the Ergo Step side panels and beveled tunnel allow racers the room they need to attack the course - without interference from the chassis.
The chassis changes start up front in the RAS RS suspension with new, shorter shocks that lower the sled’s center of gravity while maintaining the same amount of travel. Spring rates are bumped up to help reduce roll in the turns. These updates combined with the proven long ski spindle design and exclusive MXZx RS power steering system enable riders to corner more confidently at higher speeds with less effort.
The front suspension changes are complimented by a redesigned rMotion RS rear suspension. Updates include a shortened front arm with a rail mount moved forward for a flatter profile, keeping the skis in contact with the snow under hard acceleration out of the corners. A longer center shock keeps the skid rail in near-constant contact with the snow, resulting in improved traction anywhere on the racecourse. This longer shock also results in more rear suspension travel and almost a 1:1 motion ration giving riders better bump compliance and more comfort.
The rear arm now mounts further back, and the rear shock also sees increased travel. The end result of the entire MXZx RS suspension packages is a lower center of gravity, reduced ski lift, and improved traction that allows racers to corner with more speed, as well as exit their turns under more power.
The Rotax 600RS E-TEC engine features E-TEC direct injection that consistently delivers quick response and perfect calibration no matter the altitude or weather conditions, meaning racers and their crew have less to worry about. Features include booster injectors first deployed on the Rotax 850 E-TEC, a short intake tract with double reeds and digital eRAVE. Engine calibration refinement for 2023, focused on better low RPM and low vehicle speed responsiveness to provide more power out of deep holes or under heavy load conditions – letting racers accelerate faster.
2023 MXZ x 600RS Highlights
• Taper/tilt tunnel design
• Short heat exchanger with internal loop
• 137” Track
• Lightweight Lexan Hood
• Quiet, high-flow Airbox Design
• LED Lightweight Headlights
• Reinforced E and S modules
• MX inspired seat and hi-traction cover
• Racing foot box
• 5-gallon fuel tank
• Lower center of gravity
• High Air Flow Left Vent
• Updated shorter Kashima coated 46mm KYB Pro R Series shocks (High Speed / Low Speed compression and High Speed / Low Speed Rebound adjustments)
• Integral Base Valve Adjuster
• Revised shock springs
• Rack steering with power assist
• Long Spindle design (Stronger + better speed cornering) - New Color
• Lightweight Pilot R2 Ski - Reinforced
• Updated race-proven rail design, higher front arm mount - New Color
• 137” length
• New shorter front arm
• New longer front shock
• New rear arm mounted further back
• Kashima coated 46mm KYB Pro Series piggy back center shock w/ High Speed / Low Speed compression and High Speed Rebound adjustment
• Kashima coated 46mm KYB Pro Series piggy back rear shock w/ High Speed / Low Speed compression and High Speed / Low Speed rebound adjustment
• Integral Base Valve Adjuster
• Revised geometry
• New coupling configuration
• Updated Holeshot Device
• E-TEC direct injection
• Mono block cylinder design with Plasma coating- delivering more horsepower
• Refined engine calibration
• Intake booster injectors (850-inspired)
• Shorter intake length (850-inspired)
• Double reed valves (850-inspired)
• eRAVE (850-inspired)
• Lightweight exhaust system (Stainless steel tuned pipe)
• Racing Throttle Block – Ready for 50% throttle applications
• Reinforced engine mounts
• Hot Start Button
• Large brake backing plate
• Brembo Brake System – large diameter rotor, easy maintenance caliper
• pDrive primary clutch
• TEAM TSS-04 secondary clutch
• Slip gear – Better durability, less maintenance
• Lightweight belt guard – better air flow