Last Updated : November 22, 2022
As it’s getting colder these days, we know that the first snowflakes will begin falling very soon. The Ski-Doo season is about to start!
Our primary goal and efforts remain to deliver as many snowmobiles and accessories in time for that first winter snowfall. As many industries, we continue to face difficulties due to the pandemic, including a lack of electronic components, transportation backlogs, supplier constraints and labor shortages and we want to thank you for your patience during this period. These impact our delivery as following:
- Delivery Delays Update: For 2023 snowmobiles, close to 90% of snowmobile orders planned to be shipped by the end of December are on schedule. Unfortunately, there will be vehicles arriving later in the season than originally expected. However, most vehicles should arrive complete and ready for PDI, but there could be some that have delayed components.
- Missing Components: The supply chain situation is improving, which means more and more vehicles will arrive at dealerships without missing components.
* RF D.E.S.S. Key: While the microchip supply chain situation slowly improves, we have a limited amount of RF D.E.S.S. posts for our 2022 and 2023 Ski-Doo vehicles. To restore all functionalities of the RF D.E.S.S. on your vehicle, please contact your dealer to schedule an appointment.
- Feature Adjustments: Summit Edge, Summit SP and Backcountry X/X-RS will only be available with an electric start due to the limited availability of SHOT and manual start for those models. If you pre-ordered one of these units, your dealer will contact you shortly to provide a detailed update. We apologize for adjusting some of these orders, but this is the best option to get as many riders on the snow as soon as possible this winter.
- Parts, Accessories & Apparel: Due to supply challenges, we've experienced some situations that prevent us from delivering your Snowmobile Parts, Accessories and Apparel as initially planned. Please contact your dealer for further information about your order.
We understand you'd like to have more precise timing or information for your own delivery. Your dealer remains the main point of contact for specific questions regarding your order. We were able to restore our systems from backup repositories following the cybersecurity incident on August 8, 2022. We apologize if you've experienced a delay in getting the information you needed over the last few weeks but as of now, everything is back to normal.
Specific information regarding Model Year 2022 customers:
Some of you are still waiting for temporary missing features. As of today, for the last part missing:
- Air Controlled Suspension (ACS) is now in stock. Dealers have received the needed information to install the ACS feature on your snowmobile. Contact your dealer for installation.
We’ll continue to do our best to share new information with you and our dealers as it becomes available. Our customer care team is also here for you if you have any other questions at 1-888-272-9222. We sincerely appreciate your patience and continued trust in the Ski-Doo brand.
HERE is the last message of our President and CEO José Boisjoli on March 31 about all the measures we took to deliver your orders despite all the challenges we are facing.
Frequently Asked Questions
As you are aware, pricing has increased for many products across industries around the world and Powersports is no exception. BRP has explored various ways to accommodate the disruptions while maintaining a steady flow of production and material sourcing, transportation of parts and vehicles as well as how we assemble each and every unit. Please Note: The pricing adjustments will not impact customers who purchased a snowmobile through the Spring Sales Event between February 14 and March 31. Additionally, there will be no pricing impact on the youth MXZ 120/200 models or the entry-level models MXZ and Summit Neo/Neo+. Keep in mind there will remain a temporary commodity surcharge in addition to the adjusted price.
Delayed Components: These are parts that did not ship with the vehicle due to supply chain challenges and are essential to make your vehicle run properly. BRP will ship these components separately to the dealership as soon as they’re available. Once a dealership receives all delayed components from BRP for your vehicle, they will complete the assembly and deliver it to you.
Permanent Feature Change: This is a permanent change to the original vehicle specifications, however, you can receive your vehicle and ride it as planned. No additional modifications by the dealership will occur.
Temporary Missing Feature: You can receive and use your vehicle immediately while you wait for these non-essential missing component(s) to ship to the dealership. The dealer will let you know when parts become available and will install the temporary missing feature(s) free of charge.
Yes. BRP's supply chain continues to be impacted by two factors during the pandemic: rising raw material costs and increased shipping costs. Because of rising costs, BRP has put in place a commodity surcharge for Sea-Doo, Ski-Doo, Lynx, Can-Am Off-Road and Can-Am On-Road vehicles.
B.E.S.T. Extended Service still offers you peace of mind warranty extended service. Until March 31, 2022, we offered a promotion of one (1) year of regular warranty plus (1) year of B.E.S.T. coverage with the Spring Sales Event. If you would like additional coverage, we offer options for purchase at your dealership. See here for more information on B.E.S.T.
We know having adventures and creating memories with our products is important, and we apologize that this delay might impact your plans. We’re putting all efforts into delivering our lineup as soon as possible. We are in the process of increasing our production capacity to lessen the impact on you. Like many other businesses, we’re experiencing some delays due to supply chain constraints paired with the popularity of our products. We’ll communicate updates to your dealer as they become available.
We apologize for this delay, which is related to the global shortage of supplies as well as high demand and logistics challenges. If you’re not satisfied with the expected delivery schedule of your vehicle, you can work with your dealer on your options available, which could include transferring to the next model year or a refund of your deposit.
We will honor our commitment to deliver as soon as possible, but if you are seeking a refund of your deposit, please contact your dealer directly. If further assistance is required, you can also call us at 1-888-272-9222.
Yes, BRP’s factories across the globe are operational and our production teams are working overtime. BRP has added additional shifts to increase production capacity, and we’ve expanded our production facilities to accommodate current and future growth.
We see the popularity of our products and the uncertainty of the global supply chain issues continuing, and it’s unclear at this time. However, rest assured that we are investing heavily to come up with creative solutions, and our teams are working overtime in ways to minimize the impact to all of you.
Yes, in an effort to get vehicles to dealers and then to customers as quickly as possible, BRP has adopted a model of shipping units with delayed components to be installed at a later time at the dealership when the parts become available. After that, your dealer will deliver your product to you as expected.
Due to the production supply constraints, it could be possible that modifications will need to be made. Check with your dealer on whether your order is impacted by these changes.
For the latest information on any parts or accessories impacted by delays, please check with your dealer.
Your local BRP dealer has the most accurate shipping information and we recommend working with them directly.
We are investing in ways to maintain our production levels and are doing everything possible to deliver your product on time. Rest assured you have the entire BRP workforce dedicated to making this happen for you.
It is important to us to deliver quality products that you can expect, and so BRP remains committed to our high quality standards regardless of the production constraints we’re currently experiencing.