- Rotax Engines
- Short Tunnel
- One-Piece Lightweight Hood
- Rear Suspension
- Lightweight Features
Explore Freeride Packages & Specifications
2022Transportation and preparation not included.
The Freeride is the deep-snow snowmobile built for riders who go big and don't look back. Built with a big attitude for big drops and taking on the most intense terrain a rider dares to explore, there's no bigger statement this winter.
Starting at $15,349Transportation and preparation not included.Estimate Payment
Rotax 850 E-TEC, Rotax 850 E-TEC Turbo
PowderMax† II with FlexEdge™: 146 x 16 x 2.5 in. , PowderMax† Light with FlexEdge™: 154 x 16 x 2.5 in., 154 x 16 x 3.0 in. opt., 165 x 16 x 2.5 in. sea-level opt. only, 165 x 16 x 3.0 in.
SHOT Starter, 4.5-in. Digital Display
- Rotax® 850 E-TEC
Rotax® 850 E-TEC Turbo
- 850 E-TEC® : Liquid-cooled, two-stroke, eRAVE™
850 E-TEC® Turbo : Liquid-cooled, two-stroke, turbocharged, eRAVE™
- 850 E-TEC® : 165
850 E-TEC® Turbo : 165 up to 8,000 ft.
Cylinders & Displacement
- 2 - 849 cc
Bore & stroke
- 850 E-TEC® : 72.3 mm – 73 mm
850 E-TEC® Turbo : 82 mm – 80.4 mm
- E-TEC® direct injection with additional booster injectors
Fuel tank / Octane
- Premium unleaded - 91
- 36 L / 9.5 US gal
Oil tank capacity (2-stroke)
- 3.4 L / 3.6 qt
- 850 E-TEC® : 206 kg / 453 lb (146 po), 205 kg / 450 lb (154 po), 206 kg / 453 lb (165 po)
850 E-TEC® Turbo : 214 kg / 471 lb (154 po), 206 kg / 454 lb (165 po)
Power Train Drive clutch / Driven clutch
- 850 E-TEC® : pDrive™ with clickers QRS Vent Plus
850 E-TEC® Turbo : pDrive™ with clickers QRS Vent Plus
Drive Sprocket Pitch
- 850 E-TEC® : 73 mm / 2.86 in., (146 in.) 89 mm / 3.5 in., (154 – 165 in.)
850 E-TEC® Turbo : 89 mm / 3.5 in.
Dimensions Vehicle Overall Length
- 3,058 mm / 120.4 in. (146 in.)
3,188 mm / 125.5 in. (154 in.)
3,299 mm / 129.9 in. (165 in.)
Vehicle Overall Width
- 1,080 to 1,110 mm / 42.5 to 43.7 in.
Vehicle Overall Height
- 1,395 mm / 54.9 in.
- 910 or 950 mm / 35.8 or 37.4 in.
Track Length x Width x Profile
- PowderMax† Light with FlexEdge™:
154 x 16 x 2.5 in.
154 x 16 x 3.0 in. opt.
PowderMax† II with FlexEdge™:
146 x 16 x 2.5 in.
Suspensions Front suspension
- RAS™ 3
- KYB† PRO 36 R Easy-Adjust
Front suspension travel
- 215 mm / 8.5 in.
- KYB† PRO 40 Easy-Adjust
- KYB† PRO 40 Easy-Adjust
Rear suspension travel
- 239 mm / 9.4 in.
- REV® Gen4
- Narrow design
- Pilot™ DS 3
- Deep snow ultra compact and lightweight
- Tapered U-shaped aluminum with J-hooks / Low grab handle
Riser block height
- 165 mm / 6.5 in.
- 850 E-TEC : SHOT, Electric (opt. select models)
850 E-TEC Turbo : SHOT
- Brembo racing brake with stainless-steel braided brake line
Heated throttle lever grips
- 4.5 in. Digital Display
Runner / Carbide
- Square 3/8 in. / 4 in.
Bumpers (Front / Rear)
- Std / Std
Not your average ride
You may also like
SUMMITTransportation and preparation not included.
2022 Ski-Doo Summit snowmobiles are built to make every ride in the deep snow more incredible than the last. Whether climbing steep chutes, carving up bowls of powder, or snaking through tree lines, the Summit responds instantly and rides effortlessly. With crisp, powerful E-TEC engines - including the Rotax 850 E-TEC Turbo - and features designed to conserve your energy, the ride to the top is as epic as ever!
BACKCOUNTRYTransportation and preparation not included.
Today's true 50-50 crossover rider dreams of carving powdery meadows one hour, and racking up big miles the next. The definition of a good ride can be found in the adventures waiting to be had in undiscovered destinations. Ski-Doo Backcountry snowmobiles are the no-compromise sleds that today's adventure-seeking crossover riders deserve.